Saturday, April 21, 2012

FNSI Report

Last night was Friday Night Sew-In.
Hope you had the opportunity to do some sewing.
I enjoyed FNSI again with my sister Jayne and my friend Barb.



We had a fun evening at my place and after some visiting, a little lot of eating of junk food, and altogether too much drinking, we did eventually get down to the business of sewing! 


Quilters should not be allowed to run their machines unless they are sober, eh Jayne??


Lesson learned!!


Not a lot was accomplished by some of us, other than de-stressing and enjoying the company of friends, but that is just as important as the relaxation from sewing.
Oh yah...we did accomplish one very important goal - to finish up some of the leftover Easter chocolate! DONE!
And I did get one more block done for the March Quilt Square quilt along. (To see my other blocks - click here.) I am hoping to finish the anvil block before the end of the month.
I would also like to finish off my pillowcase for the FNSI collection, organized by Heidi and Bobbi for ConKerr Cancer.

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Glad to see you accomplished your March Square. Other than that, sounds like no one should have been operating heavy machinery. : )

Teresa Rawson said...

I LOVE getting together with friends...new and old...to sew. You are right, it's the fellowship that is the best part, seeing how most of us are isolated in our quilt caves when we sew.

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Sounds like you all had a great time.. love that block! :)

Ellen said...

Sounds like the perfect sewing bee! I didn't sign up for FNSI this month but I did spend some quality time in my sewing room too.