Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In

Handmade by HeidiI just remembered it's "Friday Night Sew-In"! There are over 130 quilters registered for the Sew-In and a lot of Christmas gifts will be made tonight...Santa will be happy!
That means a whole evening set aside for Christmas sewing....yippee!! Supper is in the crock pot and both of my kids are working tonight, AND bonus of all bonuses, my friend Barb is joining me for the festivities! 
I plan to work with my Grinch fabrics and make a Christmas quilt, of an undetermined nature! Which means I have the fabric and a desire to make a quilt, but no plan or pattern to follow, and am waiting for inspiration to arrive! 
I have always loved the story of the Grinch, and love both movie versions. It has even more special meaning for me this year and I can't wait to play with my Grinchy fabrics. Enjoy singing along...I'm sure you know all the words too!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

The Grinch is my most favorite Christmas story...I absolutely love Jim Carrey's portrayal. Can't wait to see what you create!

Janet O. said...

I had to smile at this--I so often have the fabric and desire, but no pattern in mind. I'll be watching to see what you finally come up with.