Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Another quilt store in New Hampshire

We travelled around New Hampshire today searching for a store that one of the quilters in our group saw in the Quilt Sampler magazine. It is a beautiful quilt store called Quilted Threads and I was able to find a set of fabrics for the mystery quilt that I want to make in the Quiltmaker magazine. I consider myself to be an experienced mystery quilter, but I found it very challenging to pick out 9 fabrics that co-ordinate, yet have enough contrast to be different enough from each other when you don't know which fabrics will be beside each other in your quilt. (To see 3 possible colourways - click here.) I couldn't decide on fabric #7 so I bought 2 possibilities.  I think my choices will make an interesting (but maybe not visually appealing!) quilt.

And speaking of Quiltmaker magazines, my travelmates picked # 17 to win the 100 block magazines that I am giving away from this post...and the winner is Anita. I will send the magazines out to you Anita as soon as the Canadian Postal Strike is over!

3 comments:

Anita said...

Thank you so much!

Millie said...

so you have found my favorite quilt shop! Isn't QT amazing? (Keepsake is too far away). Did you notice the Quick Brown Fox quilt while you were there?

Vivian said...

I had great fun taking a class with Debbie Caffrey several years ago at our LQS. She kept emphasizing the contrast necessary for her mystery quilts. But you're right. It's hard to choose when you don't know how the fabrics will be used.

I subscribe to Quiltmaker magazine, and I was so tempted to start her new one when I saw it, but not yet. Too many WIPs and UFOs and not enough finishes lately.