Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mystery Quilt Reveal

It was the big reveal for the mystery quilts at guild meeting this week. Sindy Rodenmayer of Fat Cat Designs gave permission to our guild to use one of her patterns called Chocolate Stars.
I posted my bright version of the pattern back in May - click here to see it. I was able to finish my chocolate version just in time for guild meeting. I decided not to do the friendship star border on this quilt since it is for the guild comfort quilt collection and is big enough at this size. I like the effect of the sashing with the 4 patches, and am really looking forward to quilting this one.
Want to see the other amazing quilts that guild members brought to show at the meeting??
I just love how each quilt looks so different, even though each quilter started off with the same pattern! 

It was very exciting to see what the quilters created.
Which one is your favorite?!? 
If you haven't entered my birthday/100 followers draw yet, click here and leave a comment. The draw will be on Saturday before I leave for Vermont :)

18 comments:

AnnieO said...

You perservered through all that brown--good for you! I think it looks totally yummy. And all the other quilts are looking pretty great as well, it is amazing the variety that can come from one pattern, indeed.

pcflamingo said...

LOVE the variety of all the different color schemes for the same pattern. So very pretty!

Amy said...

Ooooooooooooooooooooh
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

LOVE the chocolate version! Stunning Kathy!

Kate said...

Very pretty! All of the quilts are lovely. It is amazing to see all the interpretations of the same pattern. That's one of my favorite things about taking classes or group BOMs is seeing all the different approaches.

Diane said...

Oh man I just love seeing all the variety. Congrats to you for getting yours done!
Friendship stars aren't a fave block of mine but I do like the effect in those borders.

Anonymous said...

They all are so pretty!

Linda said...

I have stars in my eyes!! They are all terrfic.

Dresden Quilter said...

The quilts are great. I love all of the different variations.

Jean said...

I love the chocolate one....though they are all pretty. It is fun to see quilts using the same pattern and different fabrics.

Happy Quilter said...

Have a wonderful time in Vermont--bring back many memories to share in the fall.

Karen said...

I remember that pattern. I especially like the pink and brown version on the far right in the bottom photograph.

Brenda Kay said...

I love what everyone has done with this pattern. All the variations in color make them look so differnt. I have to say my favorite would be the chocolate, which surprises me since brown is not one of my favorite colors.

Quilt Rat said...

I DO love to see this kind of line up. It really is amazing to see how different a quilt can look just from fabric selections. They are all wonderful!!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Who can pick a favorite? They all are wonderful.

Thelma said...

Favorite, who could pick a favorite, they are all lovely. This is one of my favorite things, seeing the same pattern in different fabrics!

Ivani said...

Love them all. They all look so different. And your bright version is stunning.
Hugs.

scraphappy said...

So many pretty quilts, each one looks totally unique. Love your chocolate version.

scraphappy said...

So many pretty quilts, each one looks totally unique. Love your chocolate version.