Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Questions and Answers

First...to answer some questions from yesterday's comments about the Ladies of the Evening class:
1) yes, we do take home the tools/rulers and the price is very reasonable or I wouldn't be able to go.
2) the ruler is a little tricky to catch on to, but it's so clever and the instructions that come with the ruler are great. I especially liked the pictures that showed each step of the process for both left handed and right handed quilters.
3) the quilts were all the same, but we picked our own colour from the choices of blue, green or red. Here are 2 of my friends with their blue versions...notice how they placed their blocks in the opposite directions?
If you live close enough to take a class with Deb at Reichard's I just got an email saying that she was going to offer this project as a class on June 21st or 25th although it's not listed on the website...just give her a call to sign up.
That was the question part of this post...now on to the answers. Can you give me some suggestions for how to stop procrastinating the IOP?? I am scared of tackling those curved seams again. I haven't touched it since the class and struggled with the first block for most of that afternoon and still didn't get it right. The teacher said the first block would make you cry, and then each one would get easier until you wonder why it used to seem so hard! Answers anyone?!?! Last year I bribed myself to finish a project and it worked - click here to read about it.  How do you force yourself to work on a project you really want to finish but are reluctant to work on?

9 comments:

Andee said...

I just love Hunter's Star quilts...I bought the book to make one and your posts with pics are really moving that project up my priority list!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I make myself do just a little portion of something I dislike before allowing myself to do something I really want to do. Before you know it the dislike portion is done!

Jacqui's Quilts said...

I haven't done anymore of the centers either...I did lay it all out on my spare bed and rearranged some of the colours...then I paper pieced a few of the border pieces. Chris has done almost all the blocks in the center :-)!! I just haven't had time to work on it and haven't had time to get together. Had to help my Mom move to another apartment which really kept us hopping...almost done that. Hope to get back at my IOP soon. Chris did say that it gets easier and easier, so just do it!! :-)

Judy D in WA said...

You have to make a block.....you just have to so I can see it. Please?!?!?!? And if you do, I'll let you sew another one. ;o)

When I saw the picture in my sidebar blog list, it looked like 2 dolls with their little quilts. Very cute. I love Hunter's Star.

Debbie said...

I felt your pain and had to grab a handful of m&ms to get through it! Is there another meeting date for the IOP to add some motivation or is the next get together reveal day? I really wish you luck...hey...sounds like you are very close to it getting easier as the first one is almost done. Now if only I could stop eating the m&ms.

Kate said...

When I have something I dread, I bite off small chunks, like 15 to 20 minutes, then give myself permission to work on something more fun. It can take a while to finish a project that way, but they do get done. Good luck!

suzan almond said...

I really like this design ! Thanks for your visit. And yes I do NEED to go shopping !!!!!!

Appalachian Mercantile said...

I bribe myself, too. I definitely make it worth my while!!!!! ROFL

Laurie said...

I bought those rulers in 2009. Haven't made the quilt yet though. The key to getting something done is a deadline. I should take a class.