Friday, September 24, 2010

Stay At Home Robin - Step #3

I needed a little break from strip piecing bazillions of blocks, and got out my Stay At Home Robin project.  To read about my fabric and theme choices, and to see my first two steps - click here.
I decided to try another circle construction method recommended to me by Michelle. To see the tutorial website she sent me - click here.
I prepared a few pieces of fusible interfacing and decided to try some half circle shapes...from where do these weird ideas come?
Anyway, here is my SAHR with step #3 added.  I am enjoying the process of following any ideas that pop into my mind and not worrying about the end result.  After I finish constructing the step and add it on to the previous parts, I step back, look at the whole, and say "what the....?????" LOL

6 comments:

Gari in AL said...

That looks so cool. I can't imagine making something without a plan: I don't do well with other people's patterns but I do have to have a plan, at least so far.

Mary Lou Casada said...

So random, and so cool! I'm so jealous!! LOL I love how it's turning out! You really have a great eye!
Blessings,
Mary Lou

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

I LOVE, love it, if you don't, send it to me!!!!!! hahaha I'll send you more fabric to make something different!!

Judy D in WA said...

Sometimes it's fun to step away from your comfort zone. I absolutely love it!

Diane said...

very cool project you have there-I like it.

Mary said...

What a fun project! It looks great!