Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Starting something new!

Okay...I admit that my sewing room is a mess and I can't remember what I was working on before the big anniversary party, so I am starting something new!
Julie is hosting a 9 patch block swap and I couldn't miss out on this fun, so I signed up. We are to use 1800's reproduction fabrics and this made it even more appealing for me since I was planning to make a reproduction quilt in honour of a little trip that my husband organized this past spring.
He took my father and my son to Gettysburg this year and they had a once-in-a-lifetime experience learning about the history there.  I hope my son especially will always treasure his memories of this special adventure. He took a lot of great photographs and this is one of them.
Part of this quilt will be made from these reproduction 9 patch blocks from Julie's swap.
These are the fabrics that I bought specifically for this quilt.
I am cutting off the selvages to keep of course and have started to work on 9 patch production...6" blocks and 3" blocks. I have to make more 6" blocks for the exchange, but I enjoy making the 3" blocks more!!!

I know it doesn't look like much so far, but just you wait...this project is just getting started!

6 comments:

Diane said...

a great idea-can't wait to see more.

Toni said...

I think it will be fun and turn out simple and wonderful! Can't wait to see the finished project!

Darlene said...

I'm doing this swap, too! Love your blocks, Kathy.

Amy said...

beautiful fabrics!!!!

scraphappy said...

Ahh, the intoxicating fun of something new. Smaller is always cuter. It just takes to many to make a quilt!

julieQ said...

The fabrics you have chosen are just gorgeous!! This is so much fun!