Monday, August 09, 2010

Design Wall Monday #31

I missed last week's design wall Monday which gave me time to completely finish this quilt top.
You can read more about it here when I posted my progress 2 weeks ago. If you would like the link to the free pattern called "Garden Path"- click here.
The corners blocks were supposed to be a purplish blue square, but there were all these wonderful floral motifs from the panel, so I used them as the corner blocks. I don't like the top right corner piece because of the white strip that you can see, but I am thinking about how to fix that...maybe I'll paint it or put something over top of it? Any ideas?
Check out the design walls of other quilt bloggers at Judy's site - click here.

13 comments:

Vicki H. said...

That looks fantastic!! The fabrics are so cheery and wonderful.

Teaquilts said...

Nothing to say, but "beautiful!"

Beth said...

just love the colors! Do you think after its bound you will see as much white? I am usually the one obsessing about stuff like that too..you are NOT alone!

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

Love your quilt. Love the colours and their placement. Yes, I think that top corner does interrupt the flow you created, but, well, maybe write the date on it and make it look purposely different! I think it would be neat to paint it pink or yellow, too, though. Not much help just some encouragement:)Love your header, too!

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh! That is gorgeous!

Diane said...

very pretty. I didn't notice the white area until you mentioned, if you could paint it-that would be a cool fix

Kathie said...

I see what you mean about the white but once you get a binding on you will see it less I am thinking. Pretty pretty quilt.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Very cool! glen

Barb in Mi said...

What a nice quilt! I had to enlarge the pic to see the white corners. I agree as said in earlier comment: they probably disappear when quilted and bound. Good job!

AnnieO said...

I didn't notice the pinwheels at first but love their soft colors complementing the background floral. So pretty!

Toni said...

WOW! This is very stunning!!

Gina said...

Stunning. If you do a wide binding you may get away withthe corner blocks as they are.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Britt said...

If you have any scraps of the same fabric (or ones in the same colorway)left over you can cut out some flowers and applique them onto the white part.

Not necessary though - it looks good!