Sunday, July 05, 2009

Shop Hop Bag

I haven't had much sewing time this week with the interruption of preparing for and celebrating Canada Day.  Also, all of the rain we have had has resulted in great growth (mostly of weeds!) in my garden.
I did manage to finish this little "Shop Hop" bag I had been wanting to make. I bought the magazine about 2 months ago and just didn't get around to working on it until this week.
The pattern is from this magazine,  which has several neat patterns that I intend to make. The pattern calls for diagonal straight line quilting, but I just had to do some swirly quilting for this fabric!
Look at this cute button for the perfect embellishment!
I attached the bias binding by machine and was reminded of how much I don't like the look of it, but it's okay for a bag.
And here is the inside of the bag with pockets for your
 credit cards. 
The next bag I make is going to have a longer strap because this one is too short to hang comfortably where I would want my bag to hang for easy access to the credit cards when shopping at the quilt store!

8 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Very cute! I love those colors together. :)

Vicki W said...

That's adorable!

Fiber Babble said...

Yep. That's pretty stinkin' precious. Great job!!

Greenmare said...

ooooo that is such a CUTE bag!!! so cheerful and happy looking!!!

Gina said...

Thats such a great bag. I love the fabric you used for it

Love and hugs Gina xxx

The Calico Cat said...

Nice bag! (What did you ever do with those half square triangles in your header?)

Jeanne said...

Kathy, it is darling! My magazine is missing at the moment, but I'm searching frantically. LOL

Jeany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.