Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

It's a busy weekend around here getting ready for Father's Day.  I have been pretending to be a domestic goddess and working all weekend in the kitchen. Here is all that remains of my rhubarb patch. Our desire to eat it outlasts the amount the patch produces, so I'll have to buy rhubarb at the market from now on.  I pulled the last bit of rhubarb out to make this rhubarb cake for the family Father's Day lunch.
Then I washed and chopped these colourful veggies for the lunch potluck.
 Then I chopped the cilantro, 
tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers, rinsed the black beans, defrosted the frozen corn, squeezed limes, and then mixed the secret ingredients for the family's favorite bean dip. We eat this dip with Tostitos Scoops and it is so yummy that it is worth all the effort to make it!
And my last task is to hem 2 new pairs of pants for my father. It's a boring job which I hate, but hey, its father's day and it's the least I can do for him. The whole time I have been working in the 
kitchen and when I was hemming these pants, I have been thinking about what I would be working on if I were quilting!





2 comments:

Libby said...

*yummy* Your kitchen delights sound wonderful.

Greenmare said...

your veggies are so pretty, they would be a good color choice for a quilt.