Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Santa is working overtime on Christmas Eve!

All of my shopping has been finished...yippee! That's the part I hate the most, so now I can just relax and enjoy the rest of the preparations. I went to the grocery store in a snow storm at 10:00 last night so it wouldn't be crowded, and I leisurely purchased all my groceries for the rest of the year. The problem was pushing the grocery cart to the car through all the snow...wish I had a photo of that to show you!
Santa has been busy quilting some Christmas gifts and I am so happy to say that I think they might actually all be finished in time! Here is my basting pin tin that I received as a gift a few years ago. I have been machine quilting my fingers to the bone and loving every minute of it!
As you can see by the photo on the right, the end is in sight...I am sewing the binding today. I will show you a photo of the whole quilt after the gift is opened tomorrow.
Today I am listening to Christmas music, wrapping presents, baking, and finishing some Christmas gifts. As I tell my children, anticipation is at least 50% of the fun in life.... so I plan to enjoy every moment of my 2008 Christmas Eve day!

2 comments:

Libby said...

It is the getting there that is really fun . . . . while I don't feel at all stressed, I feel like it got here too quick this year. I want to enjoy it all just a little longer *s*

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're all set. Wishing you a blessed Christmas both today and tomorrow too.