Monday, April 14, 2008

More hours in the day...

I often have people ask me "do you sleep?" Yes, but not as much as I would like to! I tend to be very focused about how I use my quilting minutes. I try to fit in time to quilt or stitch as much as possible every day, and I try not to "waste" this resource of time. I re-learned this in Myrna Giesbrecht's Self Expression's class at Quilt University. A lot can be accomplished in short blocks of time. Like the Block of the Month at Capricorn Quilts blog. When the pattern comes out at the beginning of the month, I print it out and trace it onto my background fabric. Then it sits and waits until I have a few minutes to pick it up. This weekend was the perfect time to stitch, since I wanted to watch the Masters Golf Tournament. During commercials or boring parts, I was able to stitch the whole block while I watched Tiger struggle for second place.
I almost forgot about my blogiversary giveaway! I printed out the comments on friday night and let my son pick the winner...and the winner is....Grace at GraceBeading! Congratulations! Send me your address and I'll send you a little bit of spring cheer!

4 comments:

GraceBeading said...

Oh boy, do I know about the sleep thing, if it's not beading it's something else not nearly as fun!

Thanks so much Kathy - I'm off to send you an email now. Have a great day.

Greenmare said...

your redwork pieces are just sooooooooo CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Grace! The redwork is wonderful!

Rhonda said...

I know what you mean about time to work on quilting projects. I'm a "power" sewer myself. I set the timer for 30mins. and "NOTHING" comes between me and that sewing machine for that period of time...........LOL