Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A Finish!

It is always cause for rejoicing when a UFO is finished! At guild meeting several members brought finished UFO's to celebrate and I was happy to do the same, and also happy that comparatively speaking (not mentioning any names!), my UFO wasn't that "old"! As you probably know from previous posts, this was made from a kit I bought at a New York quilt store called Calico Gals, which I visited during Christmas vacation in 2006. I pieced the blocks in 2007 and finally finished the quilting this week. The fact that the whole thing is now hanging FLAT against my dining room wall is a bonus!
Don't forget to enter your name in my 200th blog entry draw - see this post.

8 comments:

Greenmare said...

It's a finish! AND it's gorgeous!!!! Yeah you!!!!

Gina said...

It's great. I love the quilt and I love the quilting you did on it.

love and hugs xxx

Becky said...

Congratulations on the finish! Your quilt is beautiful and DONE! We are on the same wave-length. I've thought about taking a picture of the daffodils for my blog banner. Your banner looks great.

Happy Quilting!
Becky in Georgia
www.quiltingbooklady.blogspot.com

GraceBeading said...

Good for you for finishing a UFO! And it's so beautiful too. Nice work!

Amanda said...

What a pretty quilt Kathy, well done for getting it finished - doesn't it feel good to reach a target!

Michelle said...

Beautiful quilt! Congratulations on finishing a UFO!

Khris said...

Another gorgeous quilt...love it. Hugs Khris

May Kristin said...

Your quilt is gorgeous and so are the quilting!