Monday, March 31, 2008

Starting the Crush!

Bonnie posted the first step at Quiltville for the Orange Crush mystery - an early April Fool's Day present! Of course I have to join in the fun, even though I have no business starting a new project since I haven't even started quilting my Carolina Crossroads top! My excuse is that I am waiting for a fabric sale to buy the backing for it - the truth is that I haven't had any time to think about that quilt!
But never mind about that...onto my new project! I am going to use these Jo Morton fabrics that Meredith sent me for the dark scraps and sew them to some neutral fabrics that I hope to find in my stash. And what about the other 4 fabrics that are going to go with those? I have no idea yet! I like to live on the edge!
And I have two night shifts to be on call this week, so if I don't get paged, I will be sewing in the night or maybe I might even sleep a little??
In the nonquilting news department - we finally have my mother-in-law settled into a senior's facility, and on the weekend we sold her house!
And I have these pretty daffodils on my kitchen table, which I bought on the weekend from the Canadian Cancer Society fundraiser.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Good to hear that MIL is settled. The daffodil is so very cheerful *s*

Amanda said...

Pretty daffodils. They're about the only cut flowers I like to have - they tell you that spring is on the way even if you can't see it out of the window.