Sunday, March 02, 2008

Retreat Report #4 -Hand Stitching

Whenever I go on a quilt retreat I like to take a variety of projects because I never know what I will feel like working on. I usually like to take one project to machine quilt, some paper piecing , some machine piecing, and some hand work to relax with.
I had seen some fellow bloggers posting photos of their Capricorn Quilts Block of the Month. You can see Jeanne's here and Connie's here. Bea of Capricorn Quilts is posting a new hand stitching pattern each month...and it's free! I had printed out the patterns for January and February and had purchased some DMC varigated floss so I was all ready to go. I used the Roxanne's Quilter's Choice pencils that Meredith gave me and they worked great to trace the pattern. I really enjoyed using the varigated floss and was able to finish January's block, while listening to all the good discussions going on into the wee hours of the morning! I got a good start on February's block, which is good because the March pattern is already posted and I better get going!

4 comments:

GraceBeading said...

Love it Kathy. They're all wonderful. What will you do with the completed monthly hand stitched patterns? Maybe you already mentioned this and I just missed it?

Sweet P said...

I love your Quilter's Blessing. I haven't started stitching any of the blocks yet. I plan to though. Great job on Carolina Crossroads and your Bargello. You had a very successful retreat.

Jeanne said...

It looks great, Kathy! Isn't it fun? The varigated floss is a great idea.

Greenmare said...

Really cute! Good you had a lovely retreat!!!!