Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Step #3 finished

I forced myself to get those little 9 patch blocks done and here they are!
They look so cute sitting there...don't know what all my fussing was about!!!
Now I am ready to get going on step #4. Bonnie said she might post Step #6 on Thursday or Friday, so I am still optimistic that I can get #4 and #5 done before then. Here are all my finished blocks, waiting in a plastic bin...rail fence on the left, 9 patch in the middle, step #2 blocks and filler squares on the right.
I was at quilt guild meeting tonight and I always come home revved up on quilting energy, so maybe I'll go sew some step #4 blocks now...can't sleep anyway!

6 comments:

Margeeth said...

Those colors you use are great, Kathy. I think it will give this quilt a real contemporary look and very different from Bonnies original.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on getting Step 3 done. I found steps 4 & 5 went quicker, even though they contained triangles!!!

Anonymous said...

Kathy,

Your blocks are awesome. My little girls thought they were so cool! Can't wait to see the quilt together.

Beth said...

Great Job Kathy!! I finished step 3 up at about 1:30 this morning and am getting ready to go take a picture and start cutting step 4. Isn't this fun?? Oh and I just love your color selection!!!

sewnut said...

The colours are so great. I was thinking about doing that mystery and looked at it quite a few times. I ended up choosing my a design from EQ6 for my group mystery quilt this year though. Bonnie has great "use it up" ideas

Greenmare said...

Wow! Your blocks look awesome and I love the colors you chose. I can't believe you got all that from your stash, I'd like to sneak in there someday and go shopping!