Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Stash Butterfly Quilt

A group of my quilting friends have been working on blocks for a donation quilt since last summer. You can read about the beginning of the project here. We finally are finished piecing the last blocks. I thought the butterflies needed to have antennae. The group members agreed and said "have fun with that"!! But what kind of antennae to make? I couldn't decide, so I am making each butterfly different. It was fun at first and now I am bored with it!
How many more do I have to do???
This many!!!
On the right is a photo of all the finished (antennae-less) blocks on my design wall...made completely from our stashes. We worked on piecing them mostly at home and didn't know what fabrics the other quilters were using, so there is a wide variety of colours.

6 comments:

Danetta said...

Your butterflies are so pretty.
I need to look at this pattern closer. One of my granddaughters loves butterflies and she would love this quilt. I think you are going a great job with the antennae.

Margeeth said...

No good deed gets unpunished....

Good luck with making the antennae, I guess doing just a few in all those lost moments of time we have during the day is the answer.
And, there is always fabric marker.....

Nicole & Phil said...

gorgeous quilt! You have been busy lately with your quilts...I hope that has been good stashbustingfor you!

Carole said...

It is a sweet looking quilt! I could see anteneas being a slow process for me! Good luck with the project!

Debi said...

Beautiful butterflies. Come visit my blog for my latest giveaway.

http://debiquilts.blogspot.com/2008/02/one-world-one-heart-event.html

Pat de Verre said...

Love so much you butterflies. You have gold in your hands...lol
Great work.