Saturday, July 28, 2007

Super Woman

I have had a couple of tough weeks trying to do the "super woman" act - balancing too many activities with/for the children, trying to hold down a very stressful and too busy job, keep the house running (groceries, cleaning, dishes, cooking - you know the routine), trying to get the guild workshops organized for next year, and not finding any time left in the day for restoring my sanity. I have been in this place lots of time before and know the importance of my own self care. So today I am insisting on it and am going to do some quilting. I have had moments here and there, mostly late at night or at soccer and baseball practises/games, to work on my hand stitching. On the left is block two of the "Journey of a Quilter" BOM. I am enjoying having this quick and easy project to pick up in spare moments.
So please don't call/email me - I'm at the quilt studio with the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Good for you ! It's all too easy to leave no time for yourself ! i always feel so much better after some stitch therapy !

Sweet P said...

Sorry to bother you, but I hope you're getting a lot done in your quilting room.

Greenmare said...

Good for you! Do you need me to really quietly slip some food under the door so you can keep up your strength?
I loved all your pictures, the blocks, the fabric, the camping, AND the blueberries! but I have to tell you I think you are wrong about your girls eating more than they picked, because they probably picked every one that they ate!

Juliann in WA said...

Sounds perfect - just lock yourself away. If you don't take care of yourself, who will? Hope you had a good day.

CONNIE W said...

Continue to take care. Best wishes.

Meredith said...

Enjoy the BOM and some much needed time for yourself. Have fun