Thursday, May 31, 2007

Awards and Rewards

Photos of the winners of this year's Ontario Juried Show have been posted online and you can see one of my favorites called "Elephant Walk" by clicking here. It won the best large quilt award. The photo really doesn't do this quilt justice. The entire quilt top, including each of the 24 elephants, is made of 1" squares and along the bars of the central design are lines of quilted elephants in a beautiful varigated (I think) thread. And the piecing is absolutely accurate!

Today I picked up my quilts that were hanging in the Waterloo show and received a lovely thank you note and this certificate.
I have 4 more quilts to pick up next week and then they will be returned to their rightful owners. My quilts are happy to have an outing, but I am happy when they are safely at home!
If you want to read an uplifting story that eloquently describes how I feel about my quilting (and life in general) click here and read Tanya's story about the value of the gift of time.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

That thank you is a terrific "touch" - I'm really impressed.

Kathy, you do the most incredible things - I'm always in awe when I pop by! You should know that I pop by on a very regular basis but I'm a little remiss in leaving a comment or two. I'm going to do better! :-)

sewnut said...

Kathy, thanks so very much for sharing the link. It is so true. For those who give hand created items, the time and effort spent finishing it usually fills the gift with love.I think of each stitch as saying "I care about you".