Monday, April 16, 2007

Goddess of the Last Minute - Quilt #2

On Thursday I wrote about having to pick three of my quilts to be in a quilt show in May, and I showed you the first choice. This is the beginning of the second chosen quilt...gathering the pattern and the supplies. Members of my guild will recognize the fabrics, as this quilt was made for a guild challenge in which we were given a fat quarter of the green and the blue fabrics on the top of these fabric piles. The theme was "celebration". The photo on the left shows some of the beads and threads I bought for this project, and the 2 1/2" EQ5 (Electric Quilt) paper pieced pattern I used. On the right is the finished piece called "Celebrating Beauty and the Beads". I had a different design layout in mind for this quilt, but it exceeded the measurements of the miniature quilt category so I had to come up with something else. It took me a while to decide to include this piece because I had to contact it's new owner and ask to borrow it back for the show! On the left is a close-up photo of one of the blocks which shows some of the beading. The size of this piece is 7 1/2" across by 11" from top to bottom.
Only one more quilt to choose!

6 comments:

Carole said...

A lovely choice! Do report in on the show. Take care

Greenmare said...

I love your beadwork! This one is just gorgeous!!! Want to come over to my house and play?

Susan Freebery said...

Kathy, I bow before you! Your quilts are amazing! Again, take my breathe away, BEAUTIFUL!

Nicole & Phil said...

this is gorgeous, the colours and then the embellishments!
Well done!

Jan's Art and Musings said...

Kathy, your choices for this show are beautiful. I love the beading work -- it really enhances them. What are the sizes of these two pieces?

Vivian said...

wonderful clours and movement in the design!