Sunday, April 03, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching


Welcome to Slow Sunday Stitching!

In this accelerated world where we eat fast food, race around in our cars, work in high pressure jobs, and expect that everything must be completed at break neck speed, it goes against the dominate discourse to deliberately move slowly. 
It takes effort to decide to move slowly, to breathe deeply, and to appreciate the value of a life lived slowly.
But that is what I am going to do today.
All day. Smile, breathe and go slowly.




I definitely will make time for some slow stitching. I haven't made much progress lately on any of my hand stitching projects. I want to prep a few more embroidery blocks to applique this week. 




And I want to finish the needle turn applique on the purple seed blocks I cut last month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
What are you going to hand stitch today? We hope you will link up your blog post below and share your slow stitching project.



15 comments:

Turid said...

So good to hear that others have really slow progress on their hand stitching projects, too. I think it have to be like that. It's the nature of hand stitching.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love to slow down and do some hand stitching each week. Thanks for reminding us each week how important this is!

Sarah said...

Excellent sentiment! I think I will take your advice and do just that. Have a good day.

Gretchen Weaver said...

We've had a week with 6 of the grands here, no sewing happened! Actually I plan to spend the afternoon prepping for applique, this is a slow process for me. Enjoy your embroidering. Blessings, Gretchen

CathieJ said...

Enjoy your slow stitching today. That purple fabric is very pretty.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

SNOW on the ground this morning certainly puts me in the mood to stitch. No worries about mowing the grass today, lol! :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I will continue work on my clamshells today and maybe sit at the frame and quilt a little bit too

SandraC said...

I had in mind to clean floors today and work a couple of hours on the longarm on a client's quilt. Now, after reading your post and seeing the snow outside, I think it's a stitching day!

Cathy said...

I'm hoping to plant some seeds today as well as do some hand quilting before I have to go back to my high pressure job tomorrow! Good luck on your stitching today.

Jennifer said...

I'm very fortunate as my life has slowed down considerably since retiring and it is a good thing except that I'm now officially OLD. I'll be working on my rework and counted cross-stitch this week with a bit of quilting in there too. Have a wonderful Sunday and some slow stitching.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Sounds like your going to keep busy today.
Enjoy your stitching, Have a great day!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

After a crazy week, I'm ready for some meditative stitching today!

allthingzsewn said...

You have finally talked me into the Slow Sunday Stitching. I need a little slow.

Stephie said...

Those purple seeds look so pretty Kathy - and I love those dinky little pins! It feels good to get some hand stitching prep done doesn't it - it makes me feel almost organised! Hope you've had a lovely Sunday (I'm late to the table as usual!) :)

Kate said...

Hope you got in lots of slow stitching time this weekend.