Sunday, April 10, 2016

Guilt Free Slow Sunday Stitching



It's Slow Sunday Stitching time! 
Let the relaxation begin!
Get out your needles and thread and spend some time stitching yourself back together. 
We all know that it is essential to human survival to find ways to relieve stress in order to live a healthy life. Hand stitching is my survival skill, my stress reliever, my battery recharger. 

As I was replacing the carbon monoxide detector battery this week I was reminded that batteries do not last forever. They either get recharged or they die. 
Humans are the same. We find a way to heal, to renew and regenerate, or we die.
Hand stitching is one of the ways that I charge my battery. I can feel when my battery is low and needs to be plugged in. Some days I can feel the life energy draining from me and by the end of the day I have nothing left to give to anyone.

Sometimes I need a walk in the fresh air, sometimes I need to talk to a supportive friend, and sometimes I need to sleep in order to fully recharge. But many times I am recharged by a little bit of hand stitching. I just get out my scissors, needles and thread and get stitching.
I do not ever feel guilty when I prioritize that I need to sew something because I am renewing my energy. I recognize that I am responsible for identifying when recharging is required, and I plug myself in! And everyone I cross paths with, everyone I serve, everyone I love will benefit from me being completely filled up.

How are you renewing yourself today? Are you plugging in to charge up your battery? Don't feel guilty about it... you NEED recharging! Protect your charging time and be clear with yourself and others about why you need it!

Link up your blog post below and show us how you are recharging your battery with some Slow Sunday Stitching!



15 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

What a great analogy in this post today! :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

I am on day 4 of a quilt retreat (well..two days of class with Jacquie Gering and two days of retreat...). ...feeling fully charged up! I may use your "Get out of Guilt Free Card" sometime soon! Wonderful Life is Beautiful block. Inspiring post!

CathieJ said...

I love this post. I so need a little stitching some days just to calm my mind and recharge my batteries. Some days the batteries are so low that I just need sleep. I do not feel guilty about either because I need to be fully me first in order to be wife, mom, or teacher. Thanks for a great post.

SandraC said...

Very nice post. Plus, I always enjoy seeing your Life is Beautiful!

Deb said...

Wonderful post, we all have those moments when we need to recharge our inner batteries and lately mine have been drained dry by illness, when I was finally able to get in some much needed stitching time I could sense my body begin to gather the energy it needs. I love the pieces of the Life is Beautiful you are stitching, those little gems of wisdom and beauty make me smile.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we always need some time to slow down!

Deb A said...

Such a great post. I did feel so much better after all my slow stitching last Sunday. I plan to recharge later today with some slow stitching... a great way to start off the week.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I plugged in a movie and stitch the morning away. Felt so good to go slow and quiet. :)

Kath said...

Oh yes I agree completely, although it has taken me about 4 years to not feel guilty about relaxing and crecharging. Today I sewed 2.5" squares together by hand.

Jessie said...

Thank you for the lovely sentiment today.I feel very peaceful as I have had a lovely day of stitching!

Beth J said...

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your post. I enjoy your blog too. Stitching is so therapeutic for me. I relax as I am engaging in it. Lately I have been going to McDonald's and stitching for a few hours a couple times a week.

Janet O. said...

Loved this post, and I would like a whole stack of those cards!!

audrey said...

Great post today! So much of it rings true for me!

Lyndsey said...

I loved your post. I use my stitching as a way of recharging myself

Kate said...

So true on the need to recharge. Hope you got enough slow stitching last weekend to last you till this weekend.