Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Allietare Update

On my design wall today are the finished star blocks for the Allietare mystery quilt. 
And when I look at the photo on the screen, I just have to say "there is one in every crowd"!!
Oh brother :( 
Where's the seam ripper?

It sure is a big quilt and this is only half the blocks taking up my whole design wall! The other half of the blocks are also sewn and you can see them hereTo work on the layout of this quilt, I'm going have to build my bigger portable design wall. I think I might take this project to work on at quilt retreat this month.
To see more versions of Allietare, Bonnie is hosting a link up over at her Quiltville blog. I am amazed at how many of the mystery quilts are already completely finished!
Happy Groundhog day!

15 comments:

Mary said...

Oh My! I had to biggie size it to find the Opps! An easy fix, thankfully. They look great. I had to put mine on my living room floor and sew the rows. I have the rows ready to sew together Tuesday so I can link up Wednesday. I just got too distracted with all of the NEW projects in the New Year.

Jo said...

Oh well. Lucky you saw it now and it is not too much to fix. Good save

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is when digital photos are a plus - you can catch those oops and fix them. I think this would make a great retreat finish.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Glad you caught the oops before you got the blocks sewn together! Looking good!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Took me a while but I found it! I've discovered its helpful to take a photo of a quilt before quilting it, because I'm more likely to catch mistakes. But yours will be lovely when finished, great work.

Monica said...

Isn't it amazing how we don't see these things until they're in the photo? I've done it too. In any case, it's looking really good!

Deanna W said...

You're right, there is always one!!!At least you caught it now. Working on mine too this week. Not sure I will make the link up but the quilt will get finished!

Janet O. said...

The boo-boo did not jump out at me. Wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't called attention to it and I had to hunt it down! : )

PeggyinNO said...

How come we never notice these things until we take a picture?? LOL! That's why I always have my camera ready when I layout my blocks. Your quilt is gonna be amazing!

Aunt 'Reen said...

You are making beautiful progress on this quilt!

Shari said...

I use photos and also B&W photos to find hiccups. Seems there's always one.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It took me a minute to find it. Glad you found it before you stitched all the blocks together.

Jeanne said...

It is awesome. I had to really study it for a bit to find the oops. You are sewing up a storm!

Pam said...

Love the colors. And yes I spied the "bad boy block". Glad it's only one.

Kate said...

Getting this far is doing really well. I never did find your error, so you must have really good eyes.