Sunday, January 31, 2016

Finished Quilt on the Design Wall!

My January UFO is finally finished on the very last day of the month! 
Here is my version of Deckade the Halls pinned to the design wall. It measures 56" x 68" which is wider than my design wall, so the edges of the quilt look a little bit wonkier than they really are.
This was a free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop to celebrate their 10 years in business in 2013. It was such a fun quilt to piece with the Christmas themed blocks of ornaments, stockings, presents, trees, gingerbread people, mugs, stars and wreaths.




Although I am pleased with how the quilted grid design turned out, I wouldn't recommend it to a quilter who might have any perfectionistic tendencies, as it is very tricky to keep the lines at the same angle across the entire quilt. 







I am linking up my first finish of 2016 over at One Monthly Goal and Design Wall Monday.

18 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Congratulations! I remember when you started that quilt - great finish!!!

Deb said...

Congratulations on your finish this is such a sweet Christmas quilt.

Amy said...

Round of applause, Kathy!

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

It looks fabulous! Good job with the grid quilting. :0)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Hooray for you for finishing your UFO just in time!

Nancy said...

Congratulations on the finish. I did diagonal quilting (hand quilting) on my last quilt. I thought I was being so careful to keep the same distance on each line of stitching but by the time I was near the end, I was off by 1/4" to 1/2". You're right, that grid design is tricky trying to keep the same angle across the quilt.

Again, congrats on a beautiful finish.

Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Quiltsmiles said...

Looks great to me! Congrats on the First beautiful finish and may you have many more.

Janet O. said...

An absolute delight, Kathy!
And thanks for the warning to those of us who get a bit OCD about perfection now and then. : )

Mary said...

Great Finish! Done just in time for posting and linking.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Congratulations on this festive finish! :)

Judy D in WA said...

Great finish Kathy! You are way ahead for Christmas 2016!! :)

Béa said...

Congrats, you are ready for next Christmas !!! Beautiful job.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Very cute finish! It will be wonderful to have a finish every month!

Jeanna said...

Congratulations! Your Deckade the Halls turned out beautifully.

Kyle said...

Super cute! You'll be ready for the holiday season.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats! Now you don't have to worry about not wanting to finish this one.

Julie said...

Congrats on the finish! I love it!

Kate said...

Beautifully done! Congrats on completing your goal!