Sunday, June 14, 2015

Slow Sunday Stitching


Recently I had a wonderful visit with three long time friends. They are "salt of the earth" type of humans who have enhanced my life for about 20+ years. 


The weather was glorious, and the conversation was inspiring. Add a little slow stitching to that combination, and life could not be better!
I found the perfect block to stitch while we had our visit.
"You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough". 
Life Is Beautiful Block #10



This is block #10 for my Life Is Beautiful quilt and I'll be finishing it up today.
What are you working on?
Link up your hand stitching project below so we can encourage your progress. Every stitch counts!




15 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

That block and the view...both wonderful! :)

Created by Kathi said...

Love your block this week.. glad you got to enjoy some good girlfriend time also! My bestie is coming for a visit soon! I can't wait either!!!
Beautiful view for sure! :) Kathi

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Spending time stitching with friends in gorgeous weather with a fabulous view like that ... pretty close to perfection if you ask me! ;-)

Karen in Breezy Point said...

What a cute block--I love stitching outside!

CathieJ said...

What a great sentiment in that block. So glad you enjoyed your weekend. A beautiful view, some stitching and wine. It looks perfect to me.

SandraC said...

I agree with everyone else...what a lovely block for a perfect day!

Jo said...

That is so cute. Happy stitching memories

Denise :) said...

Cute little stitchery you're working on . . . and what a view to be working on it from! Enjoy the day -- it looks like you're living right! :)

Jennie in GA said...

Kathy, I am getting ready to stitch Life is Beautiful and have question for you.....what are you using behind your stitching? I generally just use muslin, but noted she recommended a light weight fusible....thanks.

Missy Shay said...

There is nothing more precious then old friends!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Glad you got to enjoy your friends. Can't wait to meet you in person.

Monica said...

You have some of the most idyllic photos, Kathy! Sounds like a wonderful day.

audrey said...

Yep. Once could totally be enough.:)

Kate said...

Sounds like a great weekend. You definitely picked a pretty place to sit and stitch.

SuperMomNoCape said...

What a sweet block and a lovely sentiment!