Sunday, June 15, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching - Yellow Seeds



I am back from the Quilt Canada conference and have more to share about that later today, but first...
it's Slow Sunday Stitching time!

Before I left home to attend the conference, I prepped a few pumpkin seed blocks to stitch whenever I had a chance for a little bit of relaxing hand stitching. It's an easy, portable and quick block to pick up and sew a few stitches here and there.



I did have a few chances to do some hand stitching. I tried to sit on this rock here by the yellow flowers and stitch a bit, but quickly discovered little red ants climbing all over the rocks, so I didn't stay there very long! 


Then I went to my favorite spot on the Brock University campus and sat in the sun by the little water fall. It was very quiet and peaceful. While I stitched, I remembered the fun I had this week, the talented quilters I met, the new skills I learned, the fantastic quilts I saw, and the new projects I have started... and I felt very blessed to be there.
Today I'll be relaxing, downloading all my photos and doing more hand applique on my yellow pumpkin seed blocks.


And a quick shout out to my wonderful Dad because it's Father's Day today and I haven't seen him all week!
Here he is with two of his grandsons in one of my favorite photos of him. 
What are you hand stitching today? Link up your blog post below and show us your hand stitching project.




12 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Stitching by that waterfall sounds and looks wonderful :)

scraphappy said...

Welcome home again! As much fun as traveling can be, nothing feels better that settling in again. So glad you found a few quiet minutes to enjoy your pumpkin seeds. What a lovely spot you chose.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am going to try to get more hexies attached today - we well see, I can't tell what the weather will be like yet - might be too nice to sit and sew, company later and then cooking too

Cathy said...

Aha! Now I see how you cut those pumpkin seed blocks! I've never seen a template like that.

Ants on rocks...that would be just my luck too. Who needs ants in their pants?

sophie said...

I am really curious about that template, too. It looks VERY useful.

I love hand stitching in summer because it can be so portable. What a beautiful setting you have found to sit and stitch.

Karen said...

I look forward to your Slow Stitching Sunday each week just to see what you are doing.

StitchinByTheLake said...

The ants aren't out too bad here yet this year but I'm keeping an eye out for them. :) What a beautiful yellow! blessings, marlene

jan said...

Sew pieceful to sit and stitch by the waterfall! I love your yellow pumpkin seeds! xo jan

audrey said...

I always have slow stitching on Sundays, but I rarely have time to post about it lately! Glad to be able to link up today! Sounds like you got in some peaceful time with your stitching.:)

Kate said...

Looks like a great place to sit and stitch.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Looks like a peaceful place to sit and sew ... maybe not quite as nice as the beach (ha!), but still a very relaxing place. ;-)

Ellen said...

You chose such a beautiful and peaceful spot to do your hand stitching and to reflect on the activities of the past week.