Sunday, November 04, 2012

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's Sunday again. 
Time to take a deep breath and do some slow stitching. 
I look forward to these moments all week. 
I have finished my Garden Steps Quilt Along blocks. There were 12 blocks posted and I stitched my favorite 9 blocks. (You can see my first 3 blocks here and my second set of blocks here.) The quilt along ended in September, so I am way late, but "better late than never", right?!?
I goofed a bit on the butterflies on the tree block, but that's okay. The flowers along the bottom are really cute, so they can provide distraction from the crazy butterflies.
These were fun blocks to stitch, but I feel quite out of sync with the season. I need to figure out which fabric to put around the blocks, so I'll set them aside for now. I have a Halloween block I wanted to stitch, so now I can get to work on that one and get with the current season!
But today, I plan to be working on my "Journey of a Quilter".  The backing is pieced and I am pin basting in preparation for taking my first hand quilting stitches on the Journey...can't wait! 
What are your hands stitching this week?
Link up your blogpost below and share your hand stitching project. We love to see what you're working on!


7 comments:

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Love your little stitchery blocks! So cute. I also love that you enjoy hand quilting! So many go for the machine, me included, and it's nice to see the art of hand quilting living on.thanks for sharing!

Béa said...

Love the pattern Journey of a quilter and hope to have & make it one day...kiss

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh I can't wait to watch the process of Journey becoming a quilt! What a special quilt! And I didn't see anything wrong with your butterflies? They looked pretty good to me!

Cathy said...

Such pretty embroideries! I'm looking forward to seeing how you put them together.

Anonymous said...

Handquilting...you go girl!!! In this day when machines are taking over,isn't it nice to sit and stitch in relative peace. I am handquilting a graduation quilt for my daughter,that is set up on a frame like grandma used.It takes up the whole room and will be there well into the new year...I think!!!
Northern Blog Stalker

Kate said...

Very pretty stitchery blocks. Enjoy your slow stitching today!

audrey said...

I'm so busy on most Sundays that its hard to link up every time, but I just can't resist! Love what you're doing here.:)