Monday, October 05, 2009

Design Wall Monday

I have Quilt Show Hangover. Do you ever get that? The excitement is over and I am recovering from sensory overload. I spent yesterday getting my house back in order. I had been so busy getting ready for the show (finishing quilts)  and then spent the better part of the 2 days at the show, so I came home to discover piles of dirty dishes and a disordered mess. My husband has been travelling and he comes home today, so needless to say, yesterday I was Molly Maid. No rest for the weary quilt show attendee!
Here are 2 of the finished Quiltville mysteries that I had hanging at the Quilt Show. The pink one is "Double Delight" and I just put the binding on last Tuesday. I was happy with how it turned out but that mistake is still bugging me (you can read about it here).
The orange quilt is, of course, Orange Crush. It is still really Orange! I thought the Orange might grow on me, but so far it hasn't! But this is a quilt that my son likes, so at least someone appreciates it!
We won't mention that Carolina Crossroads (Quiltville's first mystery and not on the website anymore) is still a UFO! This is weird because I really like that quilt...I guess  it will be on the 'to-do' list for the next quilt show!
If you haven't yet entered my Quilt Show Celebration giveaway,  click here and leave a comment.

I love Judy's Design Wall Mondays. You can see what other quilters are working on and it's especially fun when a bundle/clump/cluster (what do you call a group of quilters??) of quilt bloggers are working on the same project. Right now many of us are sewing Judy's "Quilt for an Hour" project.  I started this quilt knowing that there are 8 borders, and attaching borders is the only part of quilting I dislike. I am hoping to make some progress in this area and be able to enjoy the border stages more. This is my quilt after Hour 5.

9 comments:

Linda said...

I love you Double Delight, I am making it too. I am at the quilting stage but I do not like my very plain border and even though I have quilted the center I am tempted to take off the border and do something else. I really like your border and the orange crush border. I guess I need to take a page from Judy's book and step up my borders.

Unknown said...

WOW, you have been busy finishing Bonnie's projects! Sadly, mine are still in pieces stored in pizza boxes . . .

julieQ said...

I love your Double D!! and your Orange crush too. I too have done both of these, but I love your borders so much better than mine. I know what you mean about the quilt shows, just so much exciting inspiration!

Maya Madhavan said...

Those are lovely quilts. I confess to starting Orange Crush and losing steam after a while. I only got around to making the 4 patches which I figure I can always use for another project. I love your 'Freeze Frame'; such an elegant look. I've got some more done on mine. I just need to take a photo and post it ... :)

Paula, the quilter said...

Do you belong to the Quiltville Yahoo group? If you do, go under the files section, you will find the Carolina Crossroads pattern there.

Gari in AL said...

I, too, began the DD last January but although I have several blocks done, and only planned to make a table topper anyway, I haven't been able to get myself to get back to it. Your's is great: maybe I will put mine on the UFO TO DO list.....

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I looked and looked at your Double Delight and couldn't see a mistake...but then who am I to judge..I'm the maker of a quilt with a border piece turned wrong...how did that happen? :)

I really like your corner treatment on the Orange Crush..adds lots of interest. That pattern is calling to me...or maybe it's the orange...it may have to be one of my next quilts.

Millie said...

You have been so busy. The Orange Cruch quilt is gorgeous. Orange is a color growing on me...and I love it more and more.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love your borders on Orange Crush! DD looks great too~ you only notice the mistake because you know where to look, it isn't obvious to anyone else. ;) But I feel your anguish~ I do those kinds of things too. Hope you have a restful week~ happy stitchin'!